Study of potash-magnesium deposits, provision of potash-magnesium ore reserves to companies and safe mining are the main tasks of geological direction divisions of VNII Galurgii JSC in Perm and Saint Petersburg.
- exploration and geological-industrial assessment of natural salt deposits; design of geological exploration and research and methodological maintenance;
- development of feasibility study of permanent/provisional exploratory standards for calculation of mineral resources; reporting on geological study of mineral resources including reserves calculation or assessment of mineral resources;
- development and preparation of the initial geological data for design of mining and processing (dressing) of mineral salts and current salt deposits;
- geological maintenance of mining works (mine geology); geodata maintenance of the works on research and design objects;
- study of salt material composition (mineralogy, petrography, geochemistry) and variability of properties within the limits of deposit and its separate sites;
- zoning of salt formations within the limits of deposits, their mine fields by geological and hydrogeological parameters;
- participation in complex research aimed at safe operation of potash mines using advanced methods including digital modelling, factor analysis etc.